Dine for THON, Rustic Italian
February 18, 2015
- Dine for THON this weekend
- Dine Rustic Italian - Top 5 Reasons
Support THON at Harrison's on 2/20 and 2/21
In addition to an annual food donation, Harrison's will be donating 10% of all lunch and dinner sales on Friday, February 20 and Saturday, February 21 to THON. Plan to come once (or more!) on these days and help THON have another record-breaking year.
THON Weekend is the annual culmination of Penn State students' year-long fundraising campaign for the fight against pediatric cancer. Last year, they raised a record-breaking $13.34 million, and a total of over $114 million since the student-run philanthropic effort began in 1977. THON is the largest student-run philanthropy in the world and a real source of pride for our local community.
Please join us!
Top Five Reasons to Dine Rustic Italian This Month
Our Rustic Italian menu is clearly our most popular feature menu of the year. Need another reason to come in for Rustic Italian features this month? Here are five (in no particular order)!
- Hard-to-find Italian cuisine. This menu is not about meatballs and red sauce or fettucine alfredo. Instead it explores some of the more delicate flavor combinations from the more off-the-beaten-path areas of Italy. Black truffle and amaretti in the Veal & Beef Tortellaci, cured olives with orange in the Tuna secondi, artichokes and pistachios in the Papardelle primi, marsala custard with fresh berries in the Zabaglione...
- Authentic Italian recipes. No Americanized Italian dishes here! One guest said the Veal & Beef Tortellaci was the even better than a similar dish they had in Rome during a special seven-course dinner. Another patron exclaimed about the Chicken & Escarole soup, "It's just like something my Italian grandmother used to make!"
- Filled with customer favorites. The Parmesan-Encrusted Veal, the most popular entrée on the menu, is a perfectly balanced combination with tender veal, rich parmesan, piquant caper sauce and lemon zest, and sautéed spinach. One guest mentioned it was the best dish he's ever had at Harrison's!
- Well-suited for socializing and sharing. With multiple, delicious choices for each of the four courses, you can bring a group of friends, order the entire menu, share and enjoy all the tastes together, and decide which are your favorites. Accompanied by one of our Italian wine flights, you'll get to taste every single flavor on the menu this way!
- Available until the end of the month. Some talk about this menu all year long, looking forward to its re-appearance every February. One of our loyal Frequent Diners (we'll call him Mr. H) visits as many times as possible to enjoy some of his favorites: Pesto Trapanese, Artichoke and Lemon Pappardelle, Arugula & Pear Salad, Eggplant & Ricotta... Don't miss the chance to try it for yourself!
Our Rustic Italian Menu will be available in addition to our full lunch and dinner menus through the end of February.
Viva South America
Springtime in Paris
Celebrations! Mother's Day, Penn State Graduation, Memorial Day, Springtime & Asparagus season!
Soft Shell Crab, seasonal local produce arrives
Day Boat Scallops, hot weather local foods