"Best of" Voting, Summer Italian Menu
August 10, 2016
- You're Invited! Frequent Diner Member Special Event
- Time to Vote: State College Magazine's “Best Of” 2016
- Summertime Italian Favorites in the Dining Room
You're Invited! Frequent Diner Member Special Event
In our last e-letter, we gave you a heads up about our plans for a special Frequent Diner Member Open House and cocktail hour at our new catering venue, Above the Valley. Now, here’s the official invitation!
See full details and RSVP here, but below is a quick overview:
- Who: Members of Harrison’s Frequent Diner Program and a “plus one” of your choosing.
- What: An Open House of light hors d’oeuvres and a complimentary beer or glass of wine on us. (A cash beer & wine bar will also be available.)
- When: Wednesday, August 24, 4pm-6pm OR Friday, August 26, 4pm-6pm (you choose the date that works for you!)
- Where: Above the Valley Special Event Center (Harrison’s new catering venue and site of the former Mt. Nittany Inn)
- Why: So we can show our appreciation of your continuing patronage and give you the chance to explore and enjoy the new space and magnificent views!
RSVP early before each date fills up! In order to RSVP, you will need to provide either the 12-digit number on the back of your Harrison’s Frequent Diner card or the telephone number with which you are signed up.
This event is only open to members of Harrison’s Frequent Diner Program. Not a member yet? Sign up here. Not sure? Call Angela at (814) 237-4422.
Time to Vote: State College Magazine's "Best Of" 2016
The polls are open for State College Magazine’s annual “Best Of State College” voting, and we would be grateful for your support this year!
We have been voted Best Caterer for twelve consecutive years and would love your help to make it thirteen! Last year, we also won gold in the Best Soup and Best Business Lunch categories. We would appreciate your special consideration in these categories!
We will, of course, graciously accept votes in any other categories as you see fit. If you’re looking for some ideas, Best Gluten-Free Item, Best Wait Service, or Best Mixed Drink (Ginger Margarita, The Keystone, or our Allegheny Smash!) come to our mind...
You can go to statecollegemagazine.com to vote through August 31. As always, thank you so much for your support!
Summertime Italian Favorites in the Dining Room
After a first successful weekend of our Italian Summer features, some favorites are already emerging. Here are some of the winners so far…
Clams Capri. These were so popular the first night that we ran out of them! Don’t worry, we have more now! The Clams themselves are delicious, but the poaching broth is also tasty. You may need a little extra bread to sop up that garlicky goodness.
Panzanella Salad. A returning champion, this salad is always a favorite. Grilled veggies and plenty of garlic mixed with crunchy ciabatta croutons, and dressed with a light red wine vinaigrette. A perfect summer salad!
Pan-Seared Barrimundi. The barramundi is a new addition on this year’s Summertime Italian menu, and if the menu items are competing for first place, it may just be the dark horse among them! Barrimundi is not one of the more well-known seafood items found on menus, but its moist texture and buttery flavor are quickly winning folks over. Complimented by the rich yet delicate flavors of caramelized onions, artichokes, and green olives, this fish becomes a delightful summer dish inspired by Italian summers.
This menu will be available through Labor Day weekend, so plan to come in and find your own favorite. In addition to out regular lunch and dinner menus, our Summertime Italian menu will be available all month, starting at 4:30pm daily.