Healthful Hints, Rustic Italian Save the Date, Feeling Grateful
January 24, 2018
- Final Days for Healthy Resolutions Menu + Healthful Hints for Year-Round Dining
- Rustic Italian Menu Is on its Way—Save These Dates!
- A Sincere Thank You
Final Days for Healthy Resolutions Menu
+ Healthful Hints for Year-Round Dining at Harrison’s
The last day for our Healthy Resolutions feature menu is Monday, January 29. While this menu may be in its final days, that doesn’t mean you can’t dine healthfully at Harrison’s all the time. Here are some top tips for selecting healthy options from our menus all year round:
- Have a heart. Look for the heart symbol on our menu. This indicates when a dish is heart-healthy, with lean proteins, nutrient-rich veggies and healthful fats. Two staff favorites from our dinner menu are the Chicken Shawarma and Moroccan-Spiced Shrimp (pictured above). So much flavor, no processed ingredients, and healthy carbs and fats.
- Savor soda water. Do you love sodas but are trying to cut back on your sugar intake? Order plain soda water with a splash of lemonade or a lemon wedge. It gives you the refreshing carbonation and the sensation of sweetness without the loads of sugar.
- Create your own healthy combo. One of our favorite lunch combinations is currently a Garden Salad with balsamic vinaigrette and roasted garbanzo beans paired with the Piri Piri Chicken Skewers. Lean proteins, a good dose of veggies, and lots of flavor make a satisfying light meal! Or at dinner, try our “Just the Accompaniments”: three sides of your choice and a small dinner salad. How about Roasted Brussel Sprouts, Butternut Squash & Potato Gratin, Char Grilled Vegetables plus a Caesar or Mesclun Greens salad?
- Control your portions. Unlike many restaurants with their grossly oversized portions, we try to offer options for more healthful proportions. For instance, at lunch, you have the option to order only half a sandwich instead of a whole. We also offer many of the healthful prepared salads from our Fresh Bar as side items, so you can skip the fries. Ask your server about daily selections.
- Sub your side. At dinnertime, we can easily substitute one side dish for another. So you can swap out a potato or pasta for a small salad or a fresh vegetable. We can also sauté your vegetables in olive oil instead of butter. Just ask!
Rustic Italian Menu Is on its Way—Save These Dates
The all-time favorite Harrison’s feature menu draws near! Save these dates: This year, our Rustic Italian menu will begin Tuesday, January 30 at 5pm and its final day will be Sunday, February 25, 2018
We’re making some delicious updates to the menu this year and can’t wait to share them with you. In the meantime, you can whet your mental palate by viewing last year’s menu on our website.
Updates projected for 2018 include: Crispy Spanish Sausage Crostini with avocado & balsamico, Fasta Artichoke Ravioli with gorgonzola alfredo, asparagus, toasted crispy sausage slivers; Gnocchi Con Il Sugo D'Orvieto - potato pasta with a sauce of pancetta, asparagus, mushrooms, garlic, brandy, cream, & tomato; Grilled Tuna with fresh fennel, red onion, orange; Sea Scallops Saute with pancetta, peas, wine, olive oil and garlic; Lasagna Bolognese - thin pasta sheets layered with ricotta, parmesan, mozzarella and a rich local beef ragu…
View Last Year’s Rustic Italian Menu
Check back closer to January 30 for the 2018 version of our Rustic Italian Menu!
A Sincere Thank You
When we look around our dining room at all the faces—familiar and new—we are so thankful for you, our customers. We can’t but feel we have something special here at Harrison’s: So many loyal customers and Harrison’s fans brighten our days and truly give our dining room a community feeling.
We are always thankful for you, but with so much negativity and uncertainty in the air these days, we are especially grateful for the positive force you help create here. We see it in your faces, on the Diner Testimonials we receive, from the reviews you write online and comments you make on our Facebook page. Thank you for all you contribute to our Harrison’s community. We at Harrison’s are proud of what we do, and we couldn’t do it without you!
Double Frequent Diner Rewards – now extended through 1/29/18!
As a small token of our continuing appreciation, we are extending the Frequent Diner Double Rewards Promotion through Monday, January 29. This mean that you can receive double points or double soup every time you dine with us until 1/29. We look forward to seeing you!